To mryotsuya: Mongolian horse... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good mryotsuya 2006-10-29 7:56

cool shot! =) but initially i thought something was wrong with the picture. then i realized it would be more impressive if the lead horse was bigger and more imposing! =) it looks like a pony! the lead guy is almost touching the ground. not so fearsome i think! lol!=)

Old 10-29-2006, 05:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mryotsuya: Mongolian horse...

Hello Tony,
May be the owner of the photo will give an answer but if you don't mind let me try to tell you something about the Mongolian Horses because I do like very very much the horses and the dogs as well..:))

The Mongolian horse is small than a European horse, heavy-boned, agile, and tireless animal. It's very fast and smart animal and was giving unbelievable advantages to it's rider especially to the archers for their steady shots during the warfare. It's really tireless and can travel at least twice of a European horse even with a very little or sometimes without a drop of water...

This was the most powerful side of the Cengiz Khan's army at that time...

Regards
Bulent
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To mryotsuya: Mongolian horse...

Thanks for the information. I didn't mean anything bad about the photo or the horses actually. My first impression was that the lead horse's gallop was somehow unique compared to the others behind it. i don't know which one is the average mongolian horse but that's what drew my attention to the picture in the thumbnail actually and which i found of interest in the photo.=)

Regards,
Tony
Old 10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
TE Newbie

on hindsight, i guess it made most sense for archers to have smaller horses as i expect the lower center of gravity would give them more stability.=)
Old 10-30-2006, 05:12 PM
TE Senior Member

Dear Tony,

You're wellcome... I never thought that you meant something bad... I only wanted to give an information which anybody can easily find in internet...

Regards
Bulent