To banyanman: Zambezi River Gorges - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great banyanman 2006-11-30 13:50

Hi Michael. I thought I had critiqued this before I took my own shot of the falls from the ultra-light - but I must not have. I do remember looking at your shot before going to Victoria Falls, and it was seeing your post that prompted me to take the open ultra-light rather than the helicopter (I didn't like the window reflections that you see in other posts). I like your composition (the opposite direction to mine) to include the gorges below the falls - the light reflecting off the water in the gorges is nice too. I note a few critiquers have commented on the lack of sharpness in this image. Could that have been because you used a 1/50th shutter speed? There is a fair bit of vibration in the ultra-light, so I shot all mine at 1/500th (and at a higher ISO with the aperture wide open) to overcome the vibration. Cheers . . . David

Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
TE Newbie

Default To banyanman: Zambezi River Gorges

Hi David, Thanks for you critique. You are right, we already communicated. The pic is really shattered by the vibration, everything sharp, however small shatteres in the details. Next time I have to use at least 1/500. Need to get back again to correct...... Cheers, Michael