To Noel_Byrne: White Balance - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2013-04-17 3:04

Gidday Lisa,
Love the history of the place, and the cool phrase it gave rise to, gone to Gowings is a nice phrase :)
And this is a place that sold camping gear? Wow, that is a far cry from any camping shops that we have here. The lush gold tones and decorative ceiling and floor makes this look more like a Faberge egg emporium that somewhere to buy portable stoves!
Love the lighting that you got here, really creates a nice opulent mood, and cool depth leading down that long corridor. This really has an old world charm and opulence to it that is really missing from the modern world. I like this a lot!
All the best
Noel

Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
TE Expert

Talking To Noel_Byrne: White Balance

Gidday Noel

Thanks for your kind words on this one. Well, the part where we bought the camping gear was a little different to this section of the shop. This is where people ate, and it is a little posh aint it?

As to the lighting, what you see in the photo is more or less what you see when you're there. Unfortunately, the camera seemed to "cool down" the light a little. So I changed the White Balance to Shade and thereby warmed up the tones a little more. I really recommend having a play around with the White Balance, either in-camera or in Photoshop/post processing as it can drastically change the atmosphere of the photo. I find it especially dramatic in sunsets and low light shots.

Cheers, have a happy day
Lisa