To delpeoples: holy cucumber - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2013-05-26 6:45

Dear Benny

So you lead us today to the Holy Grail of beer? A huge call you make, and one that seems almost impossible for us to test, as unfortunately, I do not see a trip to Belgium in the near future. But despite the fact that you're a Liverpool fan, I will believe you ;) My only question: you eat cucumber with a jug of the best beer in the world? I find that fascinating, and no doubt my hero Hercule Poirot would too.

Excellent food/drink shot. I love it, and hope it's ok to add to my Food Glorious Food theme.

I wonder how it stacks up against the Czech beers, which I love to guzzle. Or the Australian beers like Little Creatures?

Have a great Sunday
Lisa

Old 05-26-2013, 01:57 PM
TE Expert

Smile To delpeoples: holy cucumber

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your pleasant comment here.

Any 'best of' list is by definition debatable. And - yes - part of the appeal of the Westvleteren beer lies in its scarcity. Still...it comes out on top on lots of those lists and, frankly, I agree. Czech beers are certainly great for pils (they invented it, didn't they?), but I must admit I don't know any of their specialty beers. Nor have I tried Little Creatures...so there must be some comfort in that for you...

As far as the cucumber goes...the greenery is just an alibi to go with the local paté. Not bad with beer. (And - btw - the monks do use beer in their paté.)

Cheers

Benny