To delpeoples: Fit?..... not me - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2014-07-23 22:09

Jeez Rosemary, you must be one fit lady! This is impressive, both in terms of the subject and the fact that you've conquered it both physically and photographically. A magnificent photo, so minimalist, with beautiful lines and contrasts. Perfect Rule of Thirds framing. The solitude and grandeur of the place is mind-blowing. Last week I met a young Wiradjuri man who had walked from Perth to Kalgoorlie (a 1200km round trip). For our First Nations People, walking on the land is a way of connecting with it and with God. He said after the first day, his way of thinking was changed forever. The lone person walking up the track in your photo is a symbol, I think, of the path we all choose to take, the loneliness of that path and the unexpected beauty of it. And it's also a beautiful tribute to this land. That owns us.

Hugs
Lisa

Old 07-24-2014, 09:48 AM
TE Expert

Smile To delpeoples: Fit?..... not me

Hello dear Lisa - I am flattered that you think I am able to climb to the top of Big Daddy. Not so! I only managed a half-hearted attempt and gave up after I had emptied my boots of sand several times. The man in the pic is my husband. He loves a challenge and got to the top and back in about 2 1/2 hours. Still I did managed to get a couple of decent shots so all was not lost.

I love your comment about the man and his walk.... nature clears one's head of clutter don't you think?

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Take care and stay focused. I appreciate your posts on FB. Keep banging your drum

Rosemary