To macjake: not much difference - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-05-27 3:59

Hi Gert
Oh man...here we go again - I like the WS photo more! But don't get me wrong, the main post is very interesting too, why wouldn't it be. In the WS, its funny to see the car off in the distance with the hood up (or bonnet if you're living in the UK or Europe?) I wonder what it would be like to visit here today..do you know? is it safe for travellers? has the landscape/architecture been modernized? I doubt it, but i'm just curious. You took this photo 2 months before I was born - awesome! haha. I just critiques NYC photos from Rob, and now i see this...talk about two contrasting cities!
its amazing how different 2 cities can be on our same planet. Wish I could see this place for myself some day. fun shot from the Time Machine. cheers
Craig

Old 05-27-2019, 01:43 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: not much difference

Thanks Craig,
Judging from photos on the net, most likely more recent than mine, not much seems to have changed, except that there are more cars. Would you believe that? ;-)
It was a very safe place in 1975, probably less so today. I mean, you could probably go there and absolutely nothing would happen, but the whole Algerian desert is off and on very unsafe. Not really to be recommended.
Cheers,
Gert