To holmertz: Mondriaan - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-12-12 5:58

Hello Rob,
This is getting better all the time. It looks like an installation that would widely exceed most visitors' expectations. No wonder the two men stepping out of it in the other WS were smiling so happily. I had no idea what they had seen. Now I know and I can't stop smiling. Perhaps the #3 is the most fascinating and "customer friendly" photo, but I know it would have been against your principles to use that as the main upload. ;-) But all photos are fascinating and this one is very attractive partly for the simple unpainted or light green window frames. Don't you think someone like Mondrian would have liked this view?
Best regards,
Gert

Old 12-12-2019, 01:11 PM
TE Senior Member

Thumbs up To holmertz: Mondriaan

Hello Gert,
I certainly think Mondrian would have appreciated this work even though his art came from a completely different way of working. If you study the work of Mondriaan you discover that his work was created by leaving out more and more while Song Dong created his work by adding more and more. But even so there certainly is a connection.
greeting Rob
Old 12-12-2019, 01:31 PM
TE Expert

Yes, I know. I was just thinking of the patterns of squares and rectangles and balancing colours.
Gert