Foto

Photographer's Note

The nunnery (on the background) is managed by an abbess - Mother-Superior Olga (Sokolova), Grounded at the end of the XVII century in the Dunilovo village in flood-lands of the Tesa river by a boyar F.F. Lopukhin as a an all-residential menís hermitage of the Assumption. There were built wooden churches: of the Assumption and of the Most Holy Virginís Intercession. In 1725 it was attached the Yuryev-Podolsky Archangelsky monastery and later was transferred under the authority of the St. Nikolo-Shartomsky monastery. In 1764 following the church reform it was abolished. Its property was turned over to the Dunilovsky nunnery of the Annunciation and wooden buildings were soon burnt. On the place of the closed hermitage it was built a summer church of the Assumption in 1819 and a winter church of the Intercession in 1849. After 1917 the churches were closed (in total there were 12 churches and 3 abodes. In the postwar years there was a psycho-neurological boarding house on the territory of the former abode. The church of the Intercession was used as patientsí room. The church of the Assumption - as a store-house. In 1991 it was grounded an all-residential nunnery on the territory of the former hermitage of the Assumption in honour of the Godís Motherís Assumption. At an active sistersí participation there were carried out restoration and renewal works in the summer church of the Assumption and in the winter church of the Intercession. In November 1995 all churches of the Dunilovo village were turned over by the order of Ivanovo and Kineshma Archbishop Amvrosy into the possession of the nunnery of the St, Assumption. Restoration works began in the church of the Exaltation of the Cross in 1996, in one of the most ancient Dunilovo monuments - in the nunnery of the Annunciation and its churches in 1998. The nunnery of St. Assumption is closed with a fence with corner turrets. It is opened an orphan-asylum with nunnery gymnasium for deserted children. There are organized icon-painting and gold-embroidery shops, a Sundayís schoolí a library. There is a sewing workshop, a farm, a granary and vegetable store, a hospital.

pauloog ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 1766
Points: 8
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Tatiana Pavlova (Kirych) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 267 W: 56 N: 434] (2716)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH