Foto

Photographer's Note

The House of the Blackheads, is together with the adjacent Schwab house (here is the Tourist Office), one of the most impressive reconstruction projects in Riga.

It was built in 1334 as the headquarters of the guilds of the city, after the Livonia Order (1330-1353) hoarded the existing guild buildings. A century later the house passed into the hands of the Cabezas Negras, an association of foreign merchants and singles that gave it its current appearance (late eighteenth century). His name refers to his patron, Saint Maurice (often represented as an Arab).

After the profusely decorated façade and stepped gable in Dutch Renaissance style added in the sixteenth century, its rooms hosted numerous receptions. The astronomical clock is of 1622 and the hanseatic emblems and the four figures (Neptune, Mercury, Unity and Peace) are of 1896.

The Schwab house was built in 1891 as a complement. The Black Heads disbanded when Hitler asked the Balto-Germans to return to their homeland at the beginning of World War II. Both buildings were devastated by the bombings of 1941 and the Soviets demolished the remains seven years later; the current structures date from 1991. The open rooms include the Great Hall and a concert hall.

------------------------------------------------------

La Casa de los Cabezas Negras, es junto con la adyacente casa Schwab (aquí está la Oficina de Turismo), uno de los proyectos de reconstrucción más impresionantes de Riga.

Se construyó en 1334 como sede de los gremios de la ciudad, después de que la Orden Livonia (1330-1353) acaparara los edificios gremiales existentes. Un siglo después la casa pasó a manos de los Cabezas Negras, asociación de comerciantes extranjeros y solteros que le confirió su aspecto actual (finales del siglo XVIII). Su nombre hace referencia a su patrón, san Mauricio (a menudo representado como un árabe).

Tras la fachada profusamente decorada y con aguilón escalonado en estilo renacentista holandés añadido en el siglo XVI, sus salas acogieron numerosas recepciones. El reloj astronómico es de 1622 y los emblemas hanseáticos y las cuatro figuras (Neptuno, Mercurio, Unidad y Paz) son de 1896.

La casa Schwab se levantó en 1891 como complemento. Las Cabezas Negras se disolvieron cuando Hitler solicitó a los balto-alemanes que regresaran a su patria a comienzos de la II Guerra Mundial. Ambos edificios quedaron devastados por los bombardeos de 1941 y los soviéticos demolieron los restos siete años después; las estructuras actuales datan de 1991. Entre las estancias abiertas se incluyen el Gran Salón y una sala de conciertos.

holmertz, ikeharel, Fis2, COSTANTINO, cornejo, macjake, PiotrF, papagolf21, Royaldevon, mcmtanyel, gervaso, PaulVDV ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 856
Points: 48
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 7948 W: 5 N: 14007] (62392)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH