Photographer's Note

Town Hall of Wrocław. The oldest part of the Town Hall was built ca. 1299. This part is called consistorium (Latin: place of gatherings) and now belongs to the building. The consistorium has two parts: the underground hall covered with the ceiling and the Western tower. After buying the rights of the voyt, the meaning of the Council was much bigger. The growing number of the Council members demanded a new building. In the years 1328-1333, near the consistorium a new, smaller building was built - praetorium (Latin: the seat of the leaders). The building is the northern part of the Town Hall, near the square with the whipping post. During the siege of Wrocław in 1945 Town Hall was severely damaged. It was restored to its previous glory by renovations and conservation.

See You alternative take in the Workshop, please!

Photo Information
Viewed: 492
Points: 60
  • None
Additional Photos by Lidia Krukowska (Lidka) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 331 W: 88 N: 856] (3156)
View More Pictures