Foto

Photographer's Note


The Real Casino of Murcia, commonly known as Murcia Casino, is one of the most emblematic buildings of the city of the same name, capital of the Region of Murcia (Spain). It is located in the center of it, in Trapería street, not far from the cathedral. The building, whose construction began in 1847, is a mixture of different artistic currents that coexisted in the second half of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century in Spain and was declared a national historical-artistic monument in 1983, which is why it is currently considered well of cultural interest, with the category of "monument".

The building is the headquarters of the institution of the same name, which functions as a private club. Open to tourist visits and other events, it is the most visited civil building in the Region of Murcia and, counting only the organized groups, it is visited annually by an average of 150,000 people, of whom 25,000 are foreigners.

After a period of increasing deterioration caused by the crisis of the institution, the building has been deeply restored between 2006 and 2009. On the occasion of the completion of the restoration work, King Juan Carlos I of Spain granted the Casino de Murcia the title of Real.

Formerly the cultural casinos were used mainly by people of high social status. This dates from 1847 when a group of bourgeois partners sought a place of leisure and recreation, although it was not until 1853 when they occupy the current space of the house of the Count of Campo Hermoso. The Casino has undergone successive reforms over time, which have led to beautiful interior spaces such as the Ballroom, the Congresillo, the Ladies' Dresser or the beautiful library.

It has a restaurant serving members as well as the general public, open in one of its rooms and patio.

------------------------------------------------

El Real Casino de Murcia, conocido habitualmente como Casino de Murcia, es uno de los edificios más emblemáticos de la ciudad del mismo nombre, capital de la Región de Murcia (España). Se encuentra en el centro de la misma, en la calle Trapería, no lejos de la catedral. El edificio, cuya construcción comenzó en 1847 es una mezcla de distintas corrientes artísticas que coexistieron en la segunda mitad del siglo XIX y principios del siglo XX en España y fue declarado monumento histórico-artístico nacional en 1983, por lo que en la actualidad está considerado bien de interés cultural, con la categoría de «monumento».

El edificio es la sede de la institución del mismo nombre, que funciona como un club privado. Abierto a visitas turísticas y otros eventos, es el edificio civil más visitado de la Región de Murcia y, contando solamente los grupos organizados, lo visitan anualmente un promedio de 150 000 personas, de las que 25 000 son extranjeras.

Tras un periodo de creciente deterioro provocado por la crisis de la institución, el edificio ha sido profundamente restaurado entre los años 2006 y 2009. Con motivo de la finalización de las obras de restauración, el rey Juan Carlos I de España concedió al Casino de Murcia el título de Real.

Antiguamente los casinos culturales eran utilizados principalmente por personas de alto estatus social. Éste data del año 1847 cuando un grupo de socios burgueses buscaron un lugar de ocio y esparcimiento, si bien no fue hasta 1853 cuando ocupen el actual espacio de la casa del Conde de Campo Hermoso. El Casino ha sufrido sucesivas reformas a lo largo del tiempo, que han dado lugar a bellos espacios interiores como el Salón de Baile, el Congresillo, el Tocador de Señoras o la bella biblioteca.

Dispone de un Restaurante al servicio de los socios como del público en general, abierto en en unos de sus Salones y Patio.

jimmyjimmy, Fis2, COSTANTINO, papagolf21, holmertz, jhm, PaulVDV, ChrisJ, mcmtanyel, cornejo ha contrassegnato questa nota come utile

Photo Information
Viewed: 382
Points: 46
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 7954 W: 5 N: 14018] (62442)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH