The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   So, where are you going? (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=756105)

trekks 06-11-2009 09:01 AM

Re: So, where are you going?

dear People

Of the several photo sites given and checked out as listed below
1. woophy.com
2. perfectlycaptured.com
3. locr.com
4. photo.net

I seem to read No.1's woophy TOU to be very reasonable, and the website is just what may work best for TE-users. For No.2 PC, I have yet to see its advantage although quite a few familiar names are already there. I am not checking out No.3 LOCR yet.

But from a glance, it looks like woophy may just be a good one to try out.

Regards, bill

ophelcia 06-11-2009 09:03 AM

Woophy's problems:)
http://www.woophy.com/forum/2_4210_0.html

But there COMMUNICATION with the MODERATOR!!!!

PixelTerror 06-11-2009 09:04 AM

For all (ex-)TE nice people willing to keep in touch with the community members, get a facebook account and join the group "Trekearth"

fanni 06-11-2009 09:10 AM

Most probably I will join...
I'm going away on business for a few days, so I will do so after I return... if you do not mind (I've never used Facebook, though) :)

I am SHOCKED by so many members deleting their gapperies!! most of all I am shocked by the SPEED of this mass exodus!

Aline_N 06-11-2009 11:10 AM

Woophy is an extremely friendly site, with active forums, blogs, contests etc ...
The site is easy to use, and the map is well done, even we could expect something more precise in the future.
The owner/moderator is very present, always friendly and opened to our suggestions.

Some black points, specially : An impressive number of irrelevant comments and rates, and no limitations of pictures, so we can say there is also an impressive number of irrelevant photographies. But rules will be changed soon.

New members would be welcomed on Woophy !

I also like a lot photo.net, which is really professional and with high-quality pictures.

avene 06-11-2009 11:27 AM

about FLICKR - hope everyone has noticed the requirement that if you post a photo that you have on Flickr on "external website", it has to refer back to your post in Flickr.

SteveH 06-11-2009 11:34 AM

Hi, I just skimmed the Flicker TOU and couldn't find that requirement - what clause number is it? cheers, Steve

avene 06-11-2009 11:48 AM

this requirement appears on several instances:
1. "Flickr Community Guidlines" state that The Flickr service makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to outside web sites. However, pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr.
2. when you open your own photo in large size, at the bottom of the page it says Remember! Flickr Community Guidelines specify that if you post a Flickr photo on an external website, the photo must link back to its photo page.

SteveH 06-11-2009 11:57 AM

Mmm interesting, I wonder how binding the guidelines are, especially given that the TOU have the usual entire agreement clause? cheers, Steve

bibiweb 06-11-2009 12:07 PM

Yes, interesting point Kristine... but what is also interesting on Flickr is that you can decide who can access what in your gallery. For example I have set it up in a way that my gallery is "public access", but that will only show the standard 500px images. Access to my "large" size photos is restricted to those that I've defined as my Flickr contacts. And in any case I don't upload any photos larger than 800px (same size as TE).