View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 05:15 PM
TE Newbie

Default To RedCrown: Two pale greenies make one whole ;o)))

It's like Xmas today, buddy. Seriously, though, your pale greenies are always sweetened by the most penetrating insightful comments, and I thank you for that. You really know your stuff.

By the way, speaking of blown highlights, I have sold by 5DII just last week to a rude, ingrate Japanese chap in Iwate Prefecture (through Amazon) - I even threw in two extra screens and a brand new third party battery grip!

In the end I just could not take the sluggish AF, looong viewfinder blackouts and stutttering shutter response with the big mirror SLAP for a finale ;o) I am considering Pentax again - the excellently appointed new K-5 with maybe a couple of those lovely pancake primes, you know?

We'll see.

I'm a little disappointed that you feel that way about my "new colors" - there is a whole logic behind it as far as India is concerned (not wanting to trail after the Masters of the genre...) If it's any consolation to you Luko who has not commented on a single one of my India pics either here or elsewhere, tends to agree with you. he asks: "Where are the beautiful Canon colors? You've gone back to those sad, Nikon hues, etc.". Well, they're in the hands of that bloody ingrate up in Iwate, that's where ;o)