The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - To tyro: ......
Thread: To tyro: ......
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 11:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Covid-19 and restrictions.....

Ciao caro Luciano,

Oh, I am so sorry for you - and for others like you in this dreadful situation. I am fortunate, being retired and not having to work, though I can no longer meet up with my old friends and go for walks together and have some conversations over some food and drinks in a café or bar.

I think it is very easy to be critical of our governments: we can criticise them for not doing enough sooner, or for not doing al the right things - but they were taken by surprise like the rest of us and didn't have all the infrastructure to deal with the problem initially. This, really, is equivalent to being at war - there may not be bombs likely to come from the sky to kill us, but this virus is just as deadly. I was born just after WWII and have always considered myself fortunate to be part of the first generation for centuries that has not known warfare - so I suppose this is Nature telling us not to be complacent! Our parents and grandparents experienced a lot worse than this!

I hope all goes well with you and your bar but, above all, you take care and stay safe.

Kindest Regards,

John.