Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MJR 2011-03-04 15:20

Hello Larry
Aha - the mysterious Brech ! I see you leave 'useful' notes from time to time, and only just thought to click through !
I like this, your TL version may be better still, for its simplicity and combination of juxtapostion of colours. But how tall is tall ? It could be feet, or maybe thats an illusion, from the size of bumps on the gorund, it may only be some inches.. Hmmn ?
regards
Martin

Old 03-04-2011, 11:49 PM
TE Newbie

Smile To MJR: Winter Dune Grass I & II

Thanks Martin,

Gee, I did not think I was "mysterious" in any way

I try my best to leave informative notes about the background of what I am shooting, and enough details about the actual shooting process and post processing as possible. I feel that should be what posting is about on the Trek sites. Also, I always try to mark any notes as "Useful" if the photographer makes the effort to post one - even if I cannot write a critique for every image I view. It is sad the some photographers post without notes - everyone would benefit from their workflow process.

I think this dune grass was maybe about no more than 2 feet. I agree my TL image is stronger if for no other reason it has a better foreground and a stronger POV.

Because we cannot post the same image on 2 Trek sites, I opted to try another one from this winter dune series here. Occassionaly, when I get no response on a scenic image on TE, I will delete it here and bring it over to TL.

The 5D Mk II is my next camera - currently I have two 5D s and a Ti1 as a "carry around" camera.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by here on TE and TL.

Take Care

LAB
brech.com/np

Last edited by brech; 03-05-2011 at 12:01 AM.