Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kevinos 2011-04-30 1:01

Hi Marc. This is quite an arresting image. You have found a wonderful subject and the B&W presentation fits the subject perfectly. You have used the available light very well. However, I am surprised that you posted such a small file; this contributes to the noise, although some ‘graininess’ suits the subject. The composition of a portrait placing the subject centrally, with straight shoulders, looking straight into the lens, is probable the hardest composition to carry off well, because it tends to create a static sense, whereas angles and asymmetrical compositions tend to create a feeling of excitement and movement. This static look however is probably what you wanted for this subject. The only thing that makes me feel unhappy with this portrait is the awkward way the left shoulder touches the frame, cutting off part of the arm. It needed just a little space there with the whole edge of the arm included. The more simple the composition, I think, the more essential these details are. Also, having created an interest in this subject, a word or two about her tribe and culture would have been appreciated. However, I like this image so much and it makes a great entrance to T.E.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default To kevinos: Thank you

your feedback is appreciated and I'll keep in mind to add some background info in the future.