Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great lakshmip1949 2012-04-20 4:58

Hello Pavle,

I like the way you have filled half the frame with the river and the other half with the sky. Like the view sandwiched between the water and the horizon. Nice tree on the right creating a beautiful scenery and atmosphere. Nice depth, colors and sharpness.

Lakshmi

Old 04-21-2012, 05:34 AM
TE Expert

Default To lakshmip1949: lakshmip1949

Pozdrav.
Ja volim ribolov i ribu.
Moj prijatelj ima vikendicu na obali reke.
Sakupimo se i lovimo ribu, pravimo domaca jela, pijemo rakiju i vino.
Lepo mesto za ribolov i druzenje.
Svi problemi odu sa rekom.
Paja.

Google.

Greetings.
I love fishing and fish.
My friend has a cottage on the banks of the river.
To gather and catch fish, make local food, drink brandy and wine.
Nice place for fishing and socializing.
Any problems go to a river.
Paja
Old 04-21-2012, 06:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Looking at the above exchange, it's a nice example.
The writer writes in Serbian but immediately translates it to English.
He is polite and intelligent. A gentleman.
He is not asking US to scurry around looking for translators that don't work and most of the time don't even exist. He is not arrogant.
He does not behave like certain others: ' I do speak English, but I am not going to use it
for you westerners, learn to read my script and understand my language and if you don't like it, it's tough on you. On the other hand, when it comes to promoting my pictures in order to gain points, I shall use my English, because otherwise everyone will ignore me.
Thank you honourable members for ganging up on me, while underneath you probably agree with me. Janos
Old 04-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Janos,

There is no requirement for anybody to post in English on this site. It is hosted in the USA, but like many websites attracts an international audience. Do those posting in English consider non English speakers and translate into other languages for them? No.
I always thought it was just the Brits who had the mindset that if they speak loudly and slowly even 'ignorant foreigners' will understand, but clearly I was wrong!
If it's such a hardship for any member to use a translator I suggest they restrict themselves to images and notes posted in their own language. That way they can maintain their feeling of superiority rather than what should be a true sense of inferiority.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM
TE Senior Member

Mr Keitht, presumably you are also a Brit and if you recall Zeno’s paradox about the Cretans that would make you also loud and arrogant….., but never mind.

You then go on and clearly imply that I am ‘inferior’. To you obviously.

I maybe a European, a Hungarian who to you may be the lowest form of existence, but perhaps you should read my profile and my Intro.
I don’t question who You are, an accomplished man who finally achieved the status of ‘Moderator’ of Trekearth. Obviously that makes you superior to a Hungarian architect who designed over 100 buildings in Canada (your ex Dominion, you remember) who is a Canadian citizen and by rights a British subject.

Dear Sir, therefore I declare that you have offended me very rudely.
And YOU have the audacity to say that I’ve offended a Persian lady by politely asking her to translate her script for me and demand apology?
In response to this I’d like to turn your attention to today’s post by an Iranian, mohammad-t, picture no. 1359652, entitled ‘Execution’ and its inscription, in Persian script (use the translator if you please) and in the Queen’s English that he obviously speaks quite capably.
In view of this, you now may lock this thread, because as of now and effective immediately and in disgust, I notify you that I terminate all associations with Trekearth. Your ‘international site’ should be closed down and you should lose your ‘job’, Mr Keitht and your fellow ‘moderators’.
Good bye and I cannot say it has been a pleasure. J.G.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:12 PM
TE Senior Member

TO THE MODERATOR OR TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
It's interesting that I can now post replies although I suspect these will be erased or just ignored. Anyway, as I said I am not coming back here as a photographer, but according to your notice of suspension (that I no longer can find) I recall that the suspension ended on May 22.2012. Today is May 26. And I am sure still blocked to do anything re my gallery or post reviews.
I am not saying any more for fear of reprisals, but I hope you get my meaning..... as ever "paprika-jancsi'
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Oh, what's the use....
Old 06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
TE Senior Member

Title: Dead lagoon.

No uploads, but still getting points. 10 actually.
Thanks for adding them to my total, trekearth!