Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2020-10-02 4:49

Hi Vincent,
spectacular panorama of Alps! I had the pleasure to live next to Alps for a couple of years in the past. Views like that are really breath taking.
One can only fully appreciate the quality of your photo if one clicks on it to open the full size.
This is nowadays one of the problems with showing photos on websites.
I have recently noticed that web browser makes a huge difference. For example the standard view of this photo in Google Chrome is not sharp. That is why also preparing my photos I try to make them brighter than it feels on my computer. Very much depends on the time of the day, computer settings etc
Since not many people make the effort to open the original photo, too often a great photo like this seems not perfect at the first sight.

Excellent work!
M

Old 10-04-2020, 08:35 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To mkamionka: Photo sharpness

Hi Mariusz,
I have looked at the photo in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and they both look the same to me. But other web browsers may be different. I agree that we don't know what settings the viewer has on his or her computer and screen, whether the viewer is looking at it in a dark room or a bright room, if the viewer's screen is calibrated or if it has a colour cast. So many unknowns.
Vince