Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2022-02-28 12:01

Hello György,
I suppose I understand which person you are referring to, but according to her clothes or freckled legs I wouldn't draw any conclusions of her nationality. How do you know she's not Slovakian? This is very much a nothing special, but it still has that street view atmosphere that I like.
Regards,
Gert

Old 02-28-2022, 07:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: re-

Dear Gert,

Thank you for your kind words on my photo! Once I attended a Summer school in Germany as a PhD student. It was July and a constant 15 Celsius degree with an unpleasant wind. I always wore a pullover and a wind-jacket outside, while the Irish guys - who happened to be my best companion back those days - wore only shirts and slippers. When they saw I was still uncomfortable with the weather, they were keep mocking me like: 'Oh, c'm' on mate, it's holiday weather!' Anyhow, they appreciated my home made Palinka, I brought to the event.

I heard that Canadians can stand weather similarly.

Best Wishes,
Gy.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:17 PM
TE Expert

Come to think of it, she is probably Norwegian. They seem to have the same "fresh weather" attitude. ;-)
Gert