Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great karina 2005-05-25 7:59

I like the way you've done this, angled just so. The contrast is wonderful. The glow on the pavement, the sky, (and Britney) is the perfect balance to the darker tones throughout. How do you do it? I would have just walked on by....

Old 05-25-2005, 07:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To karina: Secret

Hi Karina,
This photo is not that spontaneous as most of my others are. I normally shoot instinctively. Not so for this one. Here I saw the potential with Spear in the background. So I composed, then waited for people to pass by. From previous experience I know that if someone comes from the front and sees a camera pointing in that general direction but not directly at him/her then he/she looks to see what is being photographed. So to get the fellow on the bike to turn his head to the left was easy. What was lucky for me is the girl with shopping bags walking by.

There has been quite a bit of pp on this image. I had to dodge the biker's face, and darken the top of the sky a bit.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To karina: Secret

Hi Animesh,
Ah HA!
Thanks for divulging your secret ;)
Isn't it funny how we folks can be so predictable. I'm quite tempted to go out and try this little social experiment for myself....