Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great elena 2004-04-14 1:03

wow! amazing photo!!! are you one of those ornothologists? if you arenīt take a pick of them watching birds, might make a nice one...
and HOW do you get to post a big image????? please tell me the secret! maximum size to upload is 800 pixels per side!!
iīve been like crazy today trying to make a panoramic view of a lake in Argentina fit the trekearth criteria and i couldnīt!!
anyway, what a special image you are showing today, iīd like to witness this one day... and that little church in the back.... makes the background even more beautiful!

Old 04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default To elena: Large posts

Hello Elena, and thank you for your kind words.

No, I am not an ornotholigist but my father is and he dragged us here kicking and screaming (jk) while we where passing by. :)

You can find information about how to make large posts here

Large post announcement

Basically you upload a normal sized image first, maximum 800 pixels, and you make sure that it's aspect ratio is greater than 2.5. This means that if your small image is 800 pixels wide, it must be LESS than 320 pixels high. You will then get an option at your manage photos page to upload a large post (max 4000 pixels wide and 400kb size)

Hope that helped.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default thanks!!

i see, and another one: do you use a program where you can put you want to save the image to be 800k long and does it automatically? Mine is so basic, i can only chose to save whole image, medium size (60% of original) or small (30% of original).... the same with kb, can you state you want it saved to be < 200kb?
sorry you were the first one i get to discuss with this morning, you get all the questions!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:32 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: thanks!!

I use photoshop for that, the save for web function can optimize for filesize. See if you can set the quality setting for the .jpg compression when you save the picture in your program. Less quality means less file size.