Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good nwoehnl 2004-04-16 15:02

Stephen, a beautiful shot of this old well in the farm environment, and a lovely story and tribute to your grandparents to go with it. Composition and light are very good, but for my personal taste, on this shot your post-processing is on the brink of overdoing it. Perhaps selecting just the parts of the old well with the lasso/magic wand, and applying the clarify tool just on them would have been sufficient.

Old 04-17-2004, 01:27 AM
TE Newbie

Default To nwoehnl: Hello

Norbert,

I have to agree with you on the post-processing. I think I did overdo it on this one. Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,
Stephen
Old 04-17-2004, 03:37 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To nwoehnl: Hello

Hey Stephen, thanks a lot for responding! I also like to play with the Clarify tool and found that ever so often it can do "textural miracles" with wood or rust (ask Yitzhak ;-) or surfaces of bricks/stones. However when applied to grasses or plants it seems to quicker gain distance from a natural look than for the objects listed above. But again that's just a gut feel; kinda like my 2 Eurocents, if you will ;-)

Have a great weekend -
Norbert