Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 AM
TE Newbie

Default Hola !

Oí Aida , i pressed accidentally and the last message ,only appeared saying Hola , has been edited by here . I love Portugal , despite i have not stayed in many places . Lisboa is such a lovely place where i found a comfortable atmosphere , everything was cool , sweet and rythmical as a Dulce Pontes or Teresa Salgueiros song , sometimes sad , melancholic as a Pessoa poem , sometimes funny , skating near Belem , nights with fados or our newly met friends at the little shop in Rossío Station (brazilians)improvising Djavan , Caetano , Joâo Gilberto , Maria Creusa , Cassia Eller's songs ...Such nice experiences there and in Sintra as if it were the same paradise , the perfect harmony nature and history , sea and wood , architecture, i did not have any doubt why Lord Byron , H.C . Andersen felt in love with that place . I was in Cascais but it was in 1988 , my 1 st time in Portugal , Fátima (i don't remember anything , we ,were 14 years old, bought a plastic ball and looked for a grass pitch to play not caring about the significance of that place , Estoril (normal) and just the little Alenteixo villages passing by in our route ...Surely i will go again to Portugal and surely by looking at your pictures . I had a very warm and charming impression about you people from there and we are neighbours ,not far ...

In Spain , i recommend you where i live ...the east part ...i need and seek for the sun , the north is nice but it gets me bored , Basque country has strong contrasts , its history , contradictions , the beauty in many places , specially San Sebastian ...I like Cataluña and Valencia where i live , sun , mediterranean little villages , spontaneous parties where everyone takes part in(Tomatina in my village , Buñol) , beaches , gastronomy , history , art ...In i had to give you 5 places here

1 ...Barcelona
2 ...Valencia and south coast of Valencia (Altea , Calpe , Jávea which conform Costa Blanca...) combinated with Ibiza or Formentera island
3...Andalucía ( Sevilla , Córdoba , Granada , and Cadiz province with white villages)
4...País Vasco (San Sebastian , and little fishermen villages by there ...Hondarribia , Musaka , Lekeitio , Ondarroa ...)
5...Menorca or Lanzarote or some places in Asturias or Galicia

Personally i feel less attraction by

1...Madrid and Castillas (although Toledo is highly worthwhile)
2...Murcia , great part of Aragón ( although some villages from Teruel are amazing , Albarracín , Rubielos de Mora ...)

Keep in touch and thanks for such nice pictures you gift us !

Kisses

Miguel