Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good jcbastiani 2006-09-05 11:54

Hi Harjit,
I read your forum entry and somehow share your point of view. It's hard to receive any critics and even those received are most of time very laconic.
On the other hand it is very hard to build useful comments about a picture, at least with my poor experience.

So here i give it a try for you, i looked at your gallery and i picked this picture i found interesting. Many of yours are btw, but this one i could say something about.

First the frame you used is taking the eye off the main subject so i would definitly vote for either removing it or changing its color.

Then what i found very interesting about this picture is the black&white + red effect. I suppose this was obtained naturally, but it's something i tried to do as a post treatment on one of my pictures ones and i did not figure out how to do that. If you applied any post treatment on your picture to obtain this please let me know.

For fun i tried to push the reds, sharpen and change the framing, but the result isn't fantastic i'm afraid. I posted for workshop.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To jcbastiani: Hello

You gave a very detailed critique which is very much appreciated.
I think you are right that the frame takes the eyes away from the main subject. I like your workshop edition.
Can you tell me your technique used to produced the workshop? How did you removed the frame without losing the size of the picture?

Cheers!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To jcbastiani: Hello

I just did a crop, sharpening, manual saturation tunning only on red channel and used neat image to remove the noise sharpening effect had brung.