Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great limaz 2006-12-10 5:34

Hi nana.
This is a good capture. It really depicts a very different society than the european that I am used to. I like the composition here as it does give a very good view of the troubles in a lot of African countries. Barren lands that yield little and a high level of crime and general unhappiness. It reminds me of the time I spent in Lesotho.
On a technical note I agree with some about the sky, it would have been nice with more detail and contrast. I would also suggest cropping or cloning out the tree way left just sneaking a branch in.

TFS

Cato

Old 12-10-2006, 02:31 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To limaz: Nature not to blame

Hi Cato,

First of all, thank you for your critique on my picture.

As for Ethiopia: The picture is taken at about 4000 m altitude, so nature is of course different and a bit more barren than at sea level. In general I found that Ethiopia is very lush and green (this was October, just after the rainy season), and you see agriculture everywhere. So, lots of food for those living of the land, and that is quite many. Many people think of Ethiopia as barren, poor and starving because of the disasterous drought and famine about 20 years ago, but what I saw was a beautiful, green country full of cultural treasures, with enormous potential of becoming a major tourist attraction, and with that the possibility of creating lots of jobs.
I hope they will some day take advantage of this potential.

Have a great Sunday!

Nana
Old 12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To limaz: Nature not to blame

Hi Nana.

I'm glad you pointed that out as I didn't know that it was a lush country. I lived in Lesotho a long time ago and it had this look to it everywhere.Dried out fields, and barren lands.
I also share your hope that these countries manage to get out of the rut and hopefully our rich western countries might help them do so.
The Africans I met were happy and funny people always, making one feel welcome, It's a shame that it's not a holiday destination people make, as they miss out on a lot of great culture.

A good sunday to you too

Cato