Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-06-2004, 01:25 AM
TE Newbie

Default Hello!

Hi Hilde!
Thanks for posting your photo!May i ask how long you staied in Tibet? ThatŽs a big dream of mine to be able to go there, but it doesnŽt look like iŽll be able to do so soon...so for the moment i enjoy watching pictures of it!
Anyway hope weŽll see more of your work!
Bye,
Virginie.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:28 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Hello!

Hi Virginie,
I stayed in Tibet for almost three weeks. I came in overland from Nepal and then travelled on to China. I was hoping to stay longer because my dream had always been to go to Mount Kailash. Unfortunately this area was closed of to tourists when I was there because it was the 50th anniversary of what the Chinese call the 'liberation' of Tibet. They were expecting riots during those days, especially around Mount Kailash.
And yes, it's a magical and beautiful place. But also a harsh one with lots of poverty and lost hope (that's how I experienced it anyway). I hope you'll get to go there one day.
Bye,
Hilde
Old 11-16-2004, 11:37 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Hello!

yup actually i was supposed to goto mount kailash with a group of sadhus for about a month.
although mount kailash and mansarovar lake are now in tibet, it actually belonged to ancient india.... this is a the place where lord shiva ( one of the 3 bug gods in hindu mythology) used to meditate. and every year pilgrims goto this mountain.
maybe i'll go there some other time with the sadhus :)