Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great yeti1975 2007-12-13 1:57

Makes me want to go there again. Been there 7 times. The best photo from Budha Madamaheswar is in the evening. You were there in October end and would have got a fantastic view in the evening.

TO me Chaukhamba is a very sacred peak. It is the source of the Ganga if you study the map carefully. The reason I come to this conclusion is because Gangotri glacier originates from this peak and this is the source of Bhagirathi river. The satopanth glacier and Bhagirathi kharak are the source of the Alaknanda near Mana village. The Ganga starts its journey from the confluence of these two rivers at Deoprayag. I have no idea why people consider Gomukh to be the source of the Ganga. It is the source of one of its tributaries.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default To yeti1975: hi

you are right. observe the photo carefully and you will see this is taken in the evning. earlier i posted another. pl see -
http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=3&p=773219

regarding source of ganga, you have logic. perhaps, that is why Vyasadeva had his ashrama in badrinath near Mana, and that is why the Pandavas started their last journey from there.

thanx

indrajit
Old 12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To yeti1975: hi

Thanks for the other photograph. There is a route from here to a place called Bhewra where you find a hot water spring. It is deep in the woods and takes 2 days from Madmaheswar. there is also a way from Bantoli. I have not been there and plan to go next year.

Did you proceed ahead from Madmaheswar? the Kashni pass is 3 hours from here ( you can see the pass from Madmaheswar). THere are 2 trails from the pass. One goes to Kashni tal and Sujal Sarovar. Another leads to Pandavsera and Nandi Kund. You can go to Rudranath via Manpai bugyal from Nandi Kund.

Next year I will be doing the route from Badrinath to Kedarnath via Panpatia Col. The route starts from Badrinath and merges at Sujal Sarovar. From Rasi we will take the Mandani Bugyal route to Kedarnath via Yambuk col.

The Panpati Col route was discovered last year.

Rajib
Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
TE Newbie

Default hello

helo rajib,
ur photos are terrific....tomar profile pore valo laglo...aaro valo laglo jene je tumi mountaineering takei preference diyecho.....but i wud still like to know what do you do for a living???i mean how do you manage both time and money for your expeditions?

plz reply