Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great melmcree 2008-01-10 16:58

Hi Leilani,

I would certainly say you have an interesting viewpoint. I couldn't figure out which way to tilt my head to get a good look at this shot. I like the motion blur of the people walking the most. I probably would prefer to see one with 2 people in black coats than the lady tying her shoe in my opinion. It would make it "more romantic" if that makes any sense. I also am a little distracted by the overexposure in the sky but not sure if you could avoid that on an overcast day and all that contrast in scene.

Bravo for experimenting,

Mel

Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To melmcree: I agree

Hi Mel - The shoe tying is definitely not the interesting bit :-) It was more the mirror image that I found interesting. Unfortunately I didn't get many others. I'm hoping to go back sometime and try again. This time with a more interesting person! We've had really crap weather here. So who knows when I'll get a shot I'm really happy with there. Hopefully soon! Maybe I'll try during the blue hour or something. Hope everything on your side of the world is good! Rgds, Leilani
Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To melmcree: I agree

When exactly is the blue hour? I've heard of the golden hour but recently all I hear about is the "blue hour" and I think I want to try that time of day out.

Btw, I like the original view versus the vertical view. I think you capture the perspective better from that way.

Mel
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To melmcree: I agree

The blue hour is experienced between the hours of daylight and darkness. Sebinho342 does a lot of blue hour shots. I learned about it from his photography! I'm going to be trying to get some blue hour shots myself soon. But it's a nightmare at the moment because the blue hour here is about 3:30 - 4ish pm during the winter.

it's late here, so I'm off. g'night Mel.