Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good Matthew-Watt 2008-01-28 1:38

Hello Jane,

I am currently listening to 'Norwegian Wood' by the Beatles. What a coincidence. You are very lucky to have seen the Beatles 'live' as I hear they don't tour very much anymore ;-)

A great tribute to the greatest musical group to have ever existed. Would have been nice to have had a direct, front on perspective, but I guess you were in a crowd so it would have been pretty hard to get a good angle.

Matt

Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Matthew-Watt: BEATLES

Hi Mathew,

That photograph is not of the Beatles performing live. THeir last concert was in 1966 although they did perform on top of the Apple studio building in London once in Jan 1969 but it was not a concert. Their last album was "Let it be". They disbanded in 1970.

John Lennon was assassinated on 8th December 1980 outside his apartment in N.Y at the age of 40. George Harrison died on 29 November 2001 at the age of 58 of cancer. Paul and Ringo are still alive.

Rajib
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Matthew-Watt: BEATLES

I know that they are just puppets, I can see the strings, was only saying it as a joke, as the group has not been together for almost 40 years so this was the next best thing! I am a great fan of the Beatles, and know their history very well. I have all of their albums, even an autographed one. I was just saying that to be funny. Sorry for the confusion.

Matt

:)
Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for clarifying that. I am also a great Beatles fan. Collected all their LPs ( British and U.S release). Then when they released the CD collection in India I got all of them but here we get only the U.K release.

You are very lucky to have an autographed album.

Cheers

Rajib
Old 01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Rajib,
I think you´re wrong... Beatles were playing several weeks ago at the top of the stairs in front of the Royal Palace in Madrid... They were having fun with some kids and joking about bullfighting and drinking wine there... And almost every night, during spare time of most hearted people in this planet, they play at our homes. Sometimes even they play twice when you love the song... Can you just imagine...?
Regards!