Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-29-2003, 07:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Meaningful critiques...

" "I almost feel like when I like an image and don't have enough to say or someone else has already said it, I would be better off keeping my mouth shut about it" "

"I also feel this way. Which is why, if I see something I like and wish to critique, I try to write the critique before reading the other critiques. This is partly why the form is placed above the already written critiques."

Ditto. (Although I hate to use that word.)

I tend to write my critique in my head before reading the other critiques. Then I do a quick read. If someone has already said what I have to say I see no reason to repeat it.

I will click on Useful for the critiques that I feel have something to say, that have some meat (even if I don't agree with what they say).
Old 10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Uncritiqued View

I do follow the guidelines on almost all occasions, and have given descriptions on why I like the image, but it never seems to be enough (I have only critiqued about 100 only about 55 or so have been marked as useful)

I don't understand where you're coming from. You seem to somehow feel that because a critique isn't marked useful that it has something to do with you or your critique. I'm sure lots of people don't bother marking critiques as useful or only do so when they have a Eureka moment. Look at the other members -- a 55% useful rate (and only 1% not useful) is above average. I just checked my score (first time in about three months) and you've got more than me (by percentage). So you should be feeling very good about your performance (or I should be feeling bad about mine. ;)
Old 10-29-2003, 03:57 PM
TE Newbie

It was in response to you saying that a person could achieve silver status in 24 hours. Which maybe is possible if you sit and post 100 critiques in 24 hours. Which people don't ... do they??

(Truthfuly I hadn't checked in a while either, had to turn it on, check, turn it off then come back)
Old 10-29-2003, 05:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Well I may have been exaggerating but it only takes 10 useful's to achieve silver. So 20 decent critiques (on active member photos) would probably do it given that the typical rate of Useful's is about 50%.

Anyway, back to my original point which is -- the Uncritiqued View as it is now is not very useful to me. That's really all I wanted to say.