Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great olive224 2013-05-10 7:16

I planned to go there in august 2012 but we could'nt ! I can now understand why photographers like arizona and utah !!
These landscapes are amazing and your image is once again very well executed.
The light management is insane !! Is it a multiple exposure shots combined in one image ???

CHeers and congrats and TFS !!
Olivier

Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 AM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Tower

John, thanks for your very kind note. I was unsure whether I should try to brighten the whole thing up a little - the light was not very good that day, as you can see - but in the end decided that I liked the look as it was. It does seem a little dark in miniature on the TE site, but so be it.

I believe you are correct about the tower. On Google Maps, however, you can't drive there. I think it is just outside the gates of the Gardens, so it is likely just in the city. The closest I can get is here, and you can't see the tower from there. So perhaps it's destined to remain a mystery, or perhaps one of the TE'ers who lives near there can track it down.

I took this photo from the plaza at the top of the steps leading from the courtyard of the Pitti Palace to the Boboli Gardens, roughly near here.