Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 06:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Stolen images on TE

I've read recently that some images have been stolen from TE and posted elsewhere and thast some have been entered - and won prizes in competitions. I have to tell you that some TE members themselves have posted stolen images on TE. I have seen the images on another website with which I am closely involved and on which they were posted previous to appearing on TE. These images were taken by a Pro who knows his rights and he is likely to follow up with a lawsuit. Anyone thinking of stealing images should think again. Anyone who has a stolen image in their gallery would be well advised to remove it.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Stolen images on TE

Hi Vic
Maybe you should tell us where you saw that...and who stole images from TE.
thanks
Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
TE Newbie

Lucian ... I have also seen the stolen image and know the guy who took it personaly as does Vic, it would be inoproproite for us to name the TE member concerned ... the guy who took it is a superb photograher and a pro, also a very nice and helpfull person who is extrememly angry over this theft. He knows the identity of the TE member and will take the appropriate action to rectify this situation.

Michael
Old 08-11-2007, 07:16 PM
TE Newbie

Lucian ... I have also seen the stolen image and know the guy who took it personally as does Vic, it would be inappropriate for us to name the TE member concerned ... the guy who took it is a superb photographer and a pro, also a very nice and helpful person who is extremely angry over this theft. He knows the identity of the TE member and will take the appropriate action to rectify this situation.

Michael
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
TE Newbie

re-posted because of all the typos :o)
Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Michael
ok...I understand...but honestly..i would like to see the picture...just for curiosity,but if the problem are getting resolved...ok ok.
Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
TE Expert

My gosh, this is pure old-women-gossip, why don't you use the mail-facility for this or spit it out, what a an attitude, thread to be removed.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Unfortunately it is not gossip Henk. It is fact. In one particular case I know both the photographer who took and posted the original picture on another website and I have also had contact with the person who posted the same image on TE. That person was also a member of the other website. The image has been identified by 3 other members of TE as the very same image.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 PM
TE Newbie

This reminds me of what happened to me when my images were stolen from this site and from TL
-----

I recently have deleted all of my photos but one from Trekearth. I have had one too many photographs stolen from me from this site among others. This last incident was the last draw........

A brief summary - I recently visited my favorite town in Portugal which is Obidos. During this visit, my wife and I heard some really good music coming from a store located on the main road. We stopped to look at the music cd which was placed on the store window because it was the one currently playing. Guess what we saw on the cd---a photograph that was taken by me placed on the cover of the cd. We went into the store and discovered five (5) additional music cds and they ALL had my photographs. A total of eight (8) of my photographs were used without my permission.

As of this time, the owner has agreed to pay me my for "Stealing" my photos in the amount of $250.00 per digital download. I am still waiting for the transfer. The ironic part of this story is that she represents music artists in cases of "Copyright Infringement'.

After a further inspection of the photographs used for this music cd, I have discovered numerous other photographs from the town of Obidos that were used. These photos were taken from Treklens from various members. The owner of the store stated that she did receive permission from these photographers but I don't believe her.

I will not name the store at this time but it is located DIRECTLY across from the Pillary on the main street. You can actually see the entrance to the store via Obidos webcams.

The stolen photos can be seen here as they appear on the music cds
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Old 08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
TE Junior Member

You didn't charge them enough David. Another photographer friend found her images of Spain being used in a Spanish realtors brochure.