Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Semi - professional camera

Have you seen HER shoes, Nuno...?

First things - first.
Camera is purely an optional thing in the photography the way I understand a photography...

Still unclear...?

OK... OK...
El Greco didn't become a painter because he went out and bought the best brushes on the market...

A capisci...?

:-))))))))

Have the sunny one, folks
Old 02-28-2009, 09:34 PM
TE Expert

That reminds me a story Chris Orwig tell in one of his videos teaching Photoshop (www.lynda.com). The story is that he was with a good friend, a renowned photographer, at a restaurant. The chef, seeing that this renowned photographer was there went to their table and talked with him. At one point, he asked "what gears do you use?" The photographer talked about his gears. The chef then said "Oh, that's not surprising that your photos have such quality!". The photographer was not happy with that. At the end of the meal, the photographer went to see the chef. They talk for a while. Then, the photographer asked "what kind of cookware do you use?" The chef answered whatever brand it was. The photographer's answer was ready, as you can guess. "Ah! It's why your food is delicious!"

:))
Old 02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
TE Junior Member

I also heard an interesting story, don't know if it's true or not. Paco de Lucia was drinking with some friends and there was a guy telling him what great guitars he had. This went on for a while and it seems that to a certain point, Paco got irritated with that stupid snobbish talk and asked him if he played with his fingers or with the brands.

:-)
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
TE Senior Member

Default world leaders

. . . reading this I came to the conclusion that the best world leaders drive Lada (or DAF) . . . the possibilities are endless :))
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
TE Newbie

cameras are not important. buy an instamatic for around $20 US, then glue a hasselblad label to it. then go to a party and make sure the hasselblad label is noticed. people will rush to you, begging to take their photo. you will become famous enough to buy your own shoes.

and semi-professional is like being a little bit pregnant. you either are, or you are not.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:11 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Semi-professional camera

Hi I suggest you to go for either Fuji S100FS or S8100FD both are good & can fullfill 80% of ur proff. requirements S100FS 14.3X opt. zoom approx 28-400MM & S8100FD 18x 27-486MM with dual IS S100FS is coming with three famous modes of Fuji velvia,provia & soft modes.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello Perry,

Please allow me to disagree when you say "and semi-professional is like being a little bit pregnant. you either are, or you are not".

Semi-professional cameras are well worth the money. It's quite a difference to hold a canon 40D or a 450D. But of course, none of them turns you into a good photographer... or a bad one for that matter.

Regards

Nuno
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM
TE Junior Member

it's well worth being a bit pregnant...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 PM
TE Junior Member

The following words do not belong to me but I agree 100%:
“A camera will help you to capture what you see but FIRST YOU HAVE TO SEE!”
No other comments…
Nelu
Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
TE Newbie

You sure huv to learn to see things by your own eyes first. For your question, if you follow canon system, 40D is best for the price, if Nikon, D90 will make it. Next, prepare for lens...