Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2012-06-03 17:47

Hi Magali
well, it may not be a full blown TE Comeback! but its always a pleasure to have your new photos posted here.
Your photo's enhance the overall quality of the website. Its sad that you've left, but at least we have you sometimes :)
I envy your shots like this - you honestly make them easier than they look. Everytime i try a shot like this I get so involved with where to place the long perspective lines in the frame.
interesting choice to produce it in BW. There are small elements of the shot that I particularily enjoy such as the light striking the black bars on the wall to the bottom left - a real pleasure to view.
Hope to see you around a little bit more, but I understand if we dont :)
Cheers
Craig

Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: I'm red from head to feet

Thank you Craig, you are always so kind with me... You make me turn red everytime. And you make me work my english also everytime !
You know, I took more than 3000 shots in Sicily...^^ Perhaps I will propose my best shots since I left too. Whatever happens, I will always come back between whiles, I couldn't never forget all the beautiful meetings I had, all the good moments I spent here and the many real meetings this site has allowed me to have too. It was very difficult for me to leave, I was bad since 2 months, I had the feeling to lose a family but I was very tired and needed change. And I think it's good for everybody to look at others sites, so enriching and inspiring. On TE, we spent more time in commenting than in looking shots, on others sites it's the opposite. Then here, creativity is forbidden and for finding new inspirations, it's difficult. It's my opinion. I don't know how you do, you are older than me here and always active. You are never tired ? Never in lack of inspiration ?
I took this shot knowing I would convert it in b&w even it's an interesting shot in color too because the dome is blue by night. What I find interesting with b&w, as I said at others members, it's the fact that bad elements for photography in color like night, rain, mist, backlight are considerable assets in b&w because they allow to get a strong atmosphere, much important in b&w than color. It's really an other world and it's very interesting. b&w make us more sensitive to the light too. b&w shots are more emotive for me. Have a look on this video, I'm sure you will understand what I mean. Shots taken by a famous portuguese, a master for me and for many people.
I'm very glad you looked at details in my shots, for me it's a sign of quality even if I don't consider this shot like a great shot. I prefer the second.
Thank you very much Craig. It's very difficult for me to write in english, much more than in italian, and I regret not being able to express myself naturally.
Ciao Craig, see you soon, take care.
Cheers
Magali