Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mjw364 2013-06-16 11:21

Hello Wanda

what a fantastic POV to create this unique image so full of shapes, depth and interest. Original and inspiring - my kind of photo!

Hope my words didn't resonate too powerfully given the relatively recent events for you. I'm sorry if I inadvertently caused you any upset. I am sorry for your loss. Take good care.

Mike

Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To EstudioChispa: sunset in the blue ridge

yay!!

i was surprised no one has commented on this yet, so thank you very much for your message and smile

i absolutely love this one ~ the simplicity, the colors, and well, it's home, too
i thought it was a bit of a fresh take on the gazillions of mountain sunset photos we see, especially here. but it may be too abstract to appeal to most people.

thanks russ ~ and happy evening to you, too
kristin
Old 06-13-2013, 08:31 PM
TE Senior Member

I had a little time today and wanted to challenge myself with an assembly technique. I hope you don't mind that I used this image. Results got posted as a WS.

Most interesting unexpected result was that a simple flip-and-stitch produced a great (although in this case, unwanted) symmetrical mirroring effect. I cloned that out of what you see in the WS. The exercise was very instructive!

All my best,

Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 06-17-2013, 04:03 AM
TE Expert

Default Like it

Great foresight Russ, I really like your vision on this one and the result it rendered!

I wouldn't even come close to understanding how it's done, but kudos on the finished product.

Personally I think it would be a bit too symmetrical from a purely photographic standpoint as a singular image, due to the relatively compact and repetitive nature, but it's a neat effect and would likely work very well in another medium as perhaps an accent type of piece.

The colors are endearing and have captured the mood of the silhouetted scenery.

Best regards from the Valley of the Sun,

Jason