Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ryno 2006-09-11 16:16

Great shot, Mehmet. A simple composition, but i really like the sharp silhouettes and the fact that enough detail remains visible to add interest to the photo (the lady on the right's clothing, for example, sets the scene firmly in the Middle East or Turkey). My only criticism is that the image could have been bigger for more effect. But otherwise, you stuck to the basics here, and captured the scene very well. Aferin! Hos cakal,
Ryno

Old 09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Polonaise: Caught !

Well.. what can I say ! Thank you for being moved by my picture. No, I did not shake her hand - I think my hands were greasy from the food.. I'm ashamed to say that I smiled and backed away then,like a naughty child, ran round the corner to catch up with my friends. I'm glad in a way ..perhaps the man was there to protect her..and I didn't see him at the time.
Thankyou for doing the workshop..I prefer your composition ..but am not so keen on the treatment of the background. I feel that because the picture happened in a very spontaneous way that it should remain as it is almost like a documentary. I tried to take lots of composed pictures that day - this one is much better!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Polonaise: Caught !

Hi ...I have reason to believe that some of my replys to critiques have not been sent properly.....nor have i been recieving messages so I've decided to send this message back to you AGAIN! If you did recieve it before then just ignore it ! I feel that your reaction to my picture should be responded to... thanks Gardner.

"Well.. what can I say ! Thank you for being moved by my picture. No, I did not shake her hand - I think my hands were greasy from the food.. I'm ashamed to say that I smiled and backed away then,like a naughty child, ran round the corner to catch up with my friends. I'm glad in a way ..perhaps the man was there to protect her..and I didn't see him at the time.
Thankyou for doing the workshop..I prefer your composition ..but am not so keen on the treatment of the background. I feel that because the picture happened in a very spontaneous way that it should remain as it is almost like a documentary. I tried to take lots of composed pictures that day - this one is much better!"
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Polonaise: Caught !

Thanks, Gardner.
I received your previous replay, all right.
You expressed your opinion in a very gentle and appreciable way.
I accept your point of view.
Thank you for your kind response.
All the best
g.