Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jrzufferey 2004-10-27 11:35

Salut Nicolas, Tu n'es pas peureux voir même un peu téméraire de prendre la photographie juste dans le tracé d'évacuation des eaux. Bref, l'image est très belle et la perspective impressionnante. Amitié/jr pts suivront

Old 10-25-2004, 11:44 PM
TE Newbie

Default To dharbott:

Thanks. I'm still getting to know all the rules of this site. I'll keep in mind that retouching of that kind is allowed to be done on the photos. That cable really does look better out of the picture :-).

As for Dhaka, sadly a lot of people still seem to live in slums in very poor and dirty conditions. You can imagine what happens to those houses and people who live in them during the floods. However, I was surprised with the sheer amount of modern office and residential buildings around. What was I expecting? A big backward village? To me it's a proof that knowing about a country only through TV news bulletins can distort your view of a place and its people (deliberately or not). Ironically, sites such as this can also inadvertently contribute to that. Difference is of course that here editorial duties are given to "ordinary" people who decide what gets posted, rather than some men in suits with their own agendas. But, I'll leave philosophising for some other place and time.