Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To InasiaJones: of man and nature

Hi Andre,
First of all, itís great to hear from again after such a long time. This is a nice little surprise for me tonight. For whatever reason, TE moderators and their new rules are able to drive people away, even for those who tried hard to stick around after the first round of people left. I almost donít hear from anyone I knew from the beginning anymore.

Now about this shot and your words. Thank you for your kind words and your thought. I have to say, I didnít think too much about it at the time, I took many shots, many time without people or man-made elements, many time I include people and objects on purpose for composition. In this case, it was more for my own documentation, I wanted to include the trail I will use to go down. It turned out good and the light and sky and cloud seem to work perfectly at the time and location. I completely understand your idea and opinion of creating a image that show only the pristine nature and wilderness without the presence of man made objects. There is certainly a chance to do it here, if I would have chosen my POV more carefully. Unfortunately for Grand Canyon, a natural wonder it is. Therefore people come from all over the world to see it. If you are up on the rim near the parking area, while your picture maybe all nature, but you are standing shoulder to shoulder with the next tourist. At least here, only a small percentage of the people will make it down here. Anyway, it is a great reminder for me. Sometimes I forget to consider this kind of situations.

Once again, itís really wonderful to hear from you. I hope you are doing well and still shooting and travelling.

Way