Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-06-12 14:57

Hello dear Malgo,

How strange that these Tuareg people didn't pester you for money to take their photographs - so Gert is probably correct in saying that this wasn't a tourist area but a market which very few foreigners would ever visit.

Your main photographs shows the open market very clearly with lots of clean looking animals as well as tall lean men clothed in blue.

But, like you, I very much like your workshop photograph of the man relaxing and taking his weight on his stick. Do they use these sticks as we would use a walking stick or do they use them, like a crook, to control their animals?

Two lovely photographs and an excellent note.

Wonderful!

Take care and stay safe.

Kind Regards,

John. xx

Old 06-13-2020, 06:06 AM
TE Expert

Talking To tyro: Not tourist area.

Hello dear John, I have written just from the beginning that there were no tourists there. Sometimes it happens that I visit such places .
We went by our bus nearby and saw this market, so we stopped there to see what was going on. All the customers were busy with their animals and trade so they didn't pay attention at me. No still picture gives the real impression.Open link in a new tab:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1niL...ew?usp=sharing
It is bad quality because it has no stabilization but you can see how I moved around between all these guys and sheep and goats.
Have a nice weekend

MAlgo xx

Last edited by emka; 06-13-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:13 AM
TE Expert

Default A fabulous video......!

Hello dear Malgo,

Thank you so much for sending that little video - it might be just a little "jumpy" but it certainly gives and excellent overview of that market. And the people don't seem at all worried that you were photographing or filming them - and they certainly didn't seem to be asking for money from you. Wonderful!

Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,

John. xx