Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
TE Newbie

Default The India Gallery - is it getting monotonous???

I have feeling that in the last 6 months the India gallery has become sort of monotonous.... similair compositions, similair colors, similair styles....anyone sharing my opinion?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: The India Gallery - is it getting monotonous???

Hello, well I am not sure about this, I have been looking at it but there are many photos in India gallery and differents. What is sure is that maybe the style of some good photographs may influance to the new photograph who wants to learn, so it may be an exemple to copy and do best.... maybe it is this.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:05 PM

Bonjour Pracas,

Monotonous? Then you should try to look AND READ the work (and don't forget to check her discussions!) of Gloria / touristdidi...

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 04-14-2006, 02:18 AM
TE Newbie

I stumbled into this thread accidentally and could not resist to reply.

In the India category, there are some great photographs, mostly restricted to people photography. I personally like works by Gloria, Evren, Shorab Hura, Henk, Bishan etc. I guess this is because India is known by its people, and unique culture. To factorize the culture into photo, I think people photography is the best medium.

Also, I agree that several photographers trying to mimic the same style and composition generated a series of look-alike photos. But, it is a learning process.

On the other hand, India has un-counted number of beautiful places. But, seldom I have seen any scenic photographs in the India category, is properly rated or critiqued.

So, I guess I will vote 50/50.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
TE Senior Member

I guess that seeing so many pictures every day in every catigory they must appear repettive, even boring (mine included!). It' s very difficult to find a new subject or the find a fresh way to show an old subject. It's easier to take the same sort of pciture as everyone else. For me India produces as many interesting pictures per 1000 as any other place. In particular, I keep a look out for the work of Gloria, but she is by no means the only one. The truth is, I think, that really good pictures are difficult to take and rare to find, even in India.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:46 PM
TE Junior Member

I am little bit frustated by going through this thread. U know most of the photographers of TE are in a very early stage. So it may be little frustating not so outstanding picture not from India but all around the world. U may not expect ) 0.25% to 0.5% outsanding picture from the site.
India is such country...come anytime,go anywhere...U must get lot of Photographs,if u can...I make u guarrented.
Keep watching U must get some mervellous one.
partha