Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Highmountains 2012-11-12 21:23

It is a clear bright photograph, but why did you name it as "Carrousel du Louvre" - which most of us (tourists/outsiders) relate to the underground shopping mall and exhibition centre to the right. This is better known world wide as "Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel".
An interesting observation of this photograph is that you have taken it from the opposite side with the 'quadriga'not facing the viewer (from the side of the The Tuileries Garden ?). However, the we do get a clear vier of the Louvre through the central arch.
To me this triumphal arch looks so much more 'sensitive' than the more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile nearby.
You have balanced the composition with the two street lamps on either side of the wide foot path. The four cornithian columns, and over it the four soldiers visible here are well captured. The people walking along the path makes the photograph so very lively.
The quadriga with the two shining bronze statues of victory and peace is remarkable by its prominence in the photograph.
Thanks for sharing, Jean.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Highmountains: ARc de Triomphe du Carrousel

Hello Arunava,

you are right with my title of the picture.I have changed it.Thank you for your information. Have a fine day.

With regards from Luxembourg

JC