Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great fotoguy22 2014-07-27 17:18

Hello Lyudmila: This is the perfect example of breaking so many rules and getting fantastic results. The noise (grain) that would normally destroy a photo actually enhances this one, and then you compliment the grain. The presentation is great, with the ragged edges of the photo and what appear to be burn marks. It is like this photo was in a fire but you were able to save it just before it burned up. Very well done indeed!

Greetings from Florida...............Greg

Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 PM
TE Expert

Smile To tyro: I agree

Hi John - Thanks for your comments on this one. I actually decided to post it after seeing Craig's lovely shot. I was fascinated by the fact that we both took a shot from almost the same spot on the pathway but saw the picture in totally different ways. The other difference is the light, I took this in the morning and Craig later in the afternoon judging by the golden light (I cannot be sure though as hid Exif data says 11.30)

For me the flowers made a lovely touch and gave a feel for the vegetation and landscape that the path traversed.

I'm looking forward to our clandestine puffs

Rosemary
Old 07-28-2014, 04:39 PM
TE Expert

Default Time differences.....

Hi Rosemary,

Mmmm. After a quick check on the good ol' "interweb", I see that Vancouver is "behind" London time by eight hours so it must be "behind" Italy by ten. Most people (myself included) probably don't change the "clock" on their camera when they go on holiday so that would suggest he took the picture at around 21.30 - which, I suppose, is just feasible and would certainly explain the warmth of the light though I would suspect at that latitude it would have been very much darker by that time of day, even in early June.

Yes, I agree, the foreground flowers do make a wonderful foreground in your picture while in Craig's it is the harbour itself which provides most foreground interest. And, hee, hee, do you know something? I looked at yours and really, really studied that foreground and the earth around the flowers too - in search if a stray fag end - but, I'm pleased to say, I could find none!

Take Care.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
TE Expert

I have a horror of casually dropping fag ends and if push comes to shove I'll carry it away in my pocket or camera bag