Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bisok 2012-02-19 10:31

Hi Romuald,

Both you and the camera create stunning photos, although in the case you've used a different camera.
You know what I mean. I've been watching different photos in your galery, taken with Seiko R-D1, a great and also very rare camera. Now I can see another difficult to obtain camera.
I would say that the quality of this photo, taken with Leica is even better than taken with Seiko, equipped with Voigtländer NOKTON. Do you support my observation ?

One way or another the quality of the photo is amazing. Really a classy black and white photo.

One can have some reservations to the subject of the photo (that's not popular topic on TE) and maybe a little to the composition, BUT ...

That's really sad that there weren't any words, any green smile points, below the photo.

Cheers,
Mirek

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 AM
TE Newbie

Default To bisok: Leica X1 & Epson R-D1

Hi Mirek,

Thanks a lot for your support, it makes me wanna improve my skills.
About the X1, it is indeed a great camera, it has a fantastic image quality, the colour and black and white tones are beautiful and have that Leica identity. However it is slow, and while I'm not a serial shooter I remember being very angry after missing interesting moments. I have sold it to a friend to fund the purchase of my R-D1.
While I agree with you about the image quality being better on the Leica X1, the whole process of taking a photo is more enjoyable on the R-D1.
They are quite different machines with their weakness and strength but for now it's the R-D1 that works for me
Old 03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
TE Senior Member

Thank you for the interesting explanation ...

I support your way of thinking but I am not sure if I understand one thing correctly. What do you mean by "slow" or maybe that's the same matter as in my lovable camera olympus E-10 ? The camera is great but slow one during writing protos to a memory card. Sometimes it take up to 15 sec, using the max. resolution, so probably as in your case I was passing over some interesting moments from time to time. But, I am not going to sell it anyway. This E-10 was my first SLA camera and it'll remain forever

As I've written previously, that R-D1 camera is hard to obtain in Europe, in my opinion, so could you be so nice and tell me what is the average price for this camera in your region ?

By the way, I've seen a photo taken by you on TE, but it's disappeared. It has got a classy B&W tones among other things. I mean a photo about a painter sitting at the bank of a river or a canal ...

Cheers,
Mirek