To bisok: Leica X1 & Epson R-D1

• Hi Mirek,

Thanks a lot for your support, it makes me wanna improve my skills.
    About the X1, it is indeed a great camera, it has a fantastic image quality, the colour and black and white tones are beautiful and have that Leica identity. However it is slow, and while I'm not a serial shooter I remember being very angry after missing interesting moments. I have sold it to a friend to fund the purchase of my R-D1.
    While I agree with you about the image quality being better on the Leica X1, the whole process of taking a photo is more enjoyable on the R-D1.
    They are quite different machines with their weakness and strength but for now it's the R-D1 that works for me
  • Thank you for the interesting explanation ...

I support your way of thinking but I am not sure if I understand one thing correctly. What do you mean by "slow" or maybe that's the same matter as in my lovable camera olympus E-10 ? The camera is great but slow one during writing protos to a memory card. Sometimes it take up to 15 sec, using the max. resolution, so probably as in your case I was passing over some interesting moments from time to time. But, I am not going to sell it anyway. This E-10 was my first SLA camera and it'll remain forever

As I've written previously, that R-D1 camera is hard to obtain in Europe, in my opinion, so could you be so nice and tell me what is the average price for this camera in your region ?

By the way, I've seen a photo taken by you on TE, but it's disappeared. It has got a classy B&W tones among other things. I mean a photo about a painter sitting at the bank of a river or a canal ...

Cheers,
    Mirek