Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great bisok 2012-02-07 0:05

Hi Romuald,

That's the idea I was writing about before. The background of the photo 'made from concrete' and the main theme as something living, a small green plant or a single tree etc.

You've decided to convert the photo to black and white in the case but I am thinking about something that would accentuate the main topic. I mean a partial desaturation, in which the plant would be green and maybe brown (roots, trunk) and the background would be black and white.

By the way, your camera. Could you write some words about your experiences with the camera and the lens that you use with it (Nokton Classic). It seems to be a very interesting piece of equipment and it is rarely find in my country, I presume.

Regards,
Mirek

Old 02-12-2012, 06:14 AM
TE Newbie

Default To bisok: Epson RD-1

Hi Mirek,

I am using the Epson R-D1, it is indeed rare to find but I was lucky enough to find one in Hong Kong in perfect working and cosmetic conditions.
It is a rangefinder so it totally changed the way I take photos, I used a DSLR as well as compact cameras in the past and would "fire" easily.
I now take longer to compose, choose a scene, the R-D1, surprisingly, has a film lever and the screen can be swivelled making it look like a film camera.
It is the most enjoyable camera I have used so far, and it makes me wanna try a film Leica M.
The lens is the Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 MC. It is a modern lens and it is very sharp wide open, which I really like, it is also very compact and light weight, making it a trustable tool for street photography. Some complain the bokeh it renders is harsh, but to me it is fine, until I can afford a Leica glass, some days

Cheers

Romy
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Romy,

Thank you very much for the answer. It explains a lot. I've had a look at an article about the camera here: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2004/3/11/epsonrd1
and taking your response into account and this article, the camera looks as a very interesting piece of equipment. Your photos confirm the quality of the camera and the lens, I really like the quality. The photos quality look really great.
And the mixture of the camera and the lens of one of the best lens producer in the world completes the task.
Well, I'll be waiting for your next products made with this great equipment.

Regards,
Mirek