Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2021-12-11 15:37

Hello Mariusz,
Your composition is very good and I like what we see but I wonder how it would look like in colour.
I have already shared your experience in the cafe countless times in Spain. Even in restaurants.
I love Spain and was often there. But that attitude is something that really bothers me. A few times I have already slowly gone to the exit with much ado where someone quickly comes to you to receive the money. But you can only do that if you can pay appropriately or are willing to tip the difference.
In some cheaper eateries in Spain you have to wait endlessly: waiting for someone to clear your table from the previous visitor, waiting for the menu to be brought, waiting for the waiter to come and see what you want to order, waiting for the waiter to come and see which dessert you like to order, waiting for the bill, waiting for the change...
It's certainly not like that everywhere. But on every trip to Spain, I have found myself in such a situation.
However, I love Spain and it is a country where it is easy to make friends. Even when you know few Spanish words.
As for the taxi drivers in Caleta del Sebo:
You have already mentioned that a road was being built to the other side of the island, making it a very dusty place for cyclists (and presumably for walkers) at the moment.
But when this road will be finished, do you need a taxi or even a bicycle? It's a very small island. On Google Maps I can see the routes expressed in kilometers and in time.
Given that you are staying in Caleta del Sebo for a few days (there are hotels or guest houses marked on the same map), you have plenty of time to just walk everywhere during the day. Or does the village perhaps look unpleasant to stay in?
I understand you had to go back to your hotel in Lanzarote.
Best regards, Paul

Old 12-12-2021, 06:59 AM
TE Expert

Default To PaulVDV: attitude

Hi Paul,
Yes, sadly it seems to be more a rule than an exception. I experienced that in many other Spanish destinations. And I heard it from many people as well.
Luckily I go there more for the places than for the food.
Kind regards,
M