Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great markstaples 2006-12-06 14:54

Hi Gerald
This is a superb shot of this bridge with wonderful perspective thanks to your chosen POV. The light falling onto it is superb and the sharpness is first class. I love too the natural colours. How are you finding your D80? Does it combine well with the 18-200? Very nice work.
Best wishes
Mark

Old 12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To markstaples: Nikon 18x200 VR Lens

I purchased the D80 in September and got the 18 x 200 only about 3 weeks ago so am still very much new and learning about each component and the combination. I like the camera - it offers a wide range or options (many of which I haven't even experimented with yet) but if you look at my postings in the last two months, I hope you will agree the image quality is pretty good. The lens is amazing - I love the range in one compact package. I am experimenting with the VR component. I just read about and learned the hard way that if on tripod or handheld over a support or something, it can actually kind of work against itself - looking for shake when there is none. So far I have had it switched on all the time and have had basically very good results so far with only a few images out of focus - somewhat to my surprise actually - but probably my own fault! That said, I think the D80 / 18x200 is a great combination. Take care. Gerald
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To markstaples: Nikon 18x200 VR Lens

Thanks for this detailed response Gerald. My 18-200 has just arrived but I haven't as yet been out and about to use it. This is quite encouraging given the dosh I've just forked out!!! Cheers
Mark
Old 12-07-2006, 02:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To markstaples: Nikon 18x200 VR Lens

You've probably read all you want to about the 18x200, but one source for pretty detailed info on this particular lens (and many other things) is www.kenrockwell.com I see him as a self proclaimed expert on most things photographic but I have learned alot by reading some of his stuff. I received my 18x200 as a farewell retirement gift so was spared the sheckels you had to spot to purchase it! Take care. Gerald