Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great markstaples 2007-11-23 4:50

The quality of this image is second to none, Tomasz. The sharpness is impeccable and well framed. I like your black and white treatment which is rich in tone. Excellent work! How are you enjoying your D80?
Best wishes
Mark

Old 11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default To markstaples: d80

hi Mark, thanks for nice words.
D80 works great and it's perfect to me. my girlfriend wants to buy her first DSLR and we need to think, what's good for her. I'd go for another D80, but having 2 same cameras in the family looks crazy? what can I buy, do you need all those functionalities D200 has to offer? or maybe something different from Nikon brand?
cheers
Old 11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To markstaples: d80

To be honest, I don't use all the features on the D200. I bought mine before the D80 became available, and would probably have gone for a D80 if I had waited to save a bit of money. A friend of mine has a D80 and there's nothing different about image quality at the end of the day. The D40x may be a possibility if your girlfriend is new to dslr photography. I started with a D50 which I loved. The only problem is that some people soon outgrow the entry level dslr and want something with more features. My brother has bought his wife the Canon entry level, even though he has the d50 himself (my old one in fact!) to get the both of best worlds. Having said all this, I think I would probably go for another D80!!