Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2020-12-01 23:22

Hello Jorge,
A usual story about the rude woman in the ticket office and the furious foreigner :). The whole complex is a museum with the main part of the cathedral and the additional temporary exhibitions. Were there no pictures in the poster? I was only inside the cathedral. Funny that it is closed on Tuesday, Wednesday and on rainy days. Nice classic facade with the stairs.
I have that in the middle is Built onto the Transfiguration of the Saviour Cathedral is the Yaroslavl Miracle-Workers Church which is dedicated to Prince Fyodor of Yaroslavl and his sons David and Konstantin. All three have since been canonised and are considered local saints of Yaroslavl. The church was built between 1827 and 1831 in the classical style and its front is decorated with six columns.
Hugs

MAlgo

Old 12-02-2020, 08:20 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: monastery

malgo

in fact the woman in the ticket office wasn't rude with me, she only wasn't able to explain me how the tickets worked. I was furious because some idiot put a people to deal with tourists and this people hadn't any acknowledgment of english. I only wanted a ticket to see everything and the woman wasn't able to understand me. the old lady of the museum laughed a lot when I came back furious after three times trying to visit the museum and beating the door furiously at each prohibition to enter..
I found the central church with two names and I choose the one easier to write.

take care

jorge