To holmertz: Traditions and visitors - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jean113 2020-05-11 12:53

Hello John, what a very colourful picture.
Has the shower of rain enhanced the colours do you think?
Walking along a canal path is always an interesting pastime, always plenty to see.
A very sharp and interesting shot.
I like the reflections on the water.
Kind regards, Jean.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:34 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Traditions and visitors

Thank you Gert,

As far as I can judge, I think the Nepalese people have preserved their traditions well.
In Bhaktapur I haven't seen hamburger eateries or Irish pubs. I don't think they exist there.
I remember that it was possible to eat pizza but the Nepalese cuisine prevailed everywhere.
I'm not sure if there are modern supermarkets ... I haven't seen them.

The same goes for the other places I visited in Nepal. In this respect, this country seems to be very different from Cambodia, another very poor country.

That certainly doesn't mean that international tourism has not discovered Nepal.
When I was in Bhaktapur there were a lot of tourists. There were also more expensive hotels and restaurants, but certainly also smaller bed & breakfasts and affordable restaurants.
It depends a bit on where you take your photos. Photographing the famous temples and monuments without other tourists was difficult.
Maybe I've been a bit lucky with the pictures I've shown so far.
In retrospect I dare to say that the tourists in Bhaktapur behaved much more correctly than what I've seen in Luang Prabang, Laos.
But you should not think that it's not much frequented by foreign visitors.

All the best !
Paul

Old 05-12-2020, 06:41 PM
TE Expert

Hello Paul,
Already in 1972 I was happily surprised every time i could take a photo in Kathmandu that didn't by accident include a foreign tourist. In Bhaktapur and Lalitpur it was easier,
Cheers,
Gert